Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New year, new projects!

This year it is all about using up the stash. I am making a commitment not to buy any new craft supplies, unless I have saved up for them, of course. Or I use my gift certificate that I got for Christmas from my parents to Brooklyn general. It's all about budgeting in 2013 for me. I have already started by making new placemats and a centerpiece for our dining room table. I made new throw pillows for the living room, and with the leftover fabric I made some placemats. I used leftover yarn from projects and made pom-poms and put them in a glass bowl for the centerpiece. It looks cute and I didn't spend any money. So I'm pretty happy about that.

I am also trying to use up my fabric stash. So this year I am committing to making a series of scrap quilts. I have started this one which I think is pretty cute from a book called Scrap Republic by Emily Cier. This is where I usually get stuck. I love cutting, and I love arranging all the colors, but then when it comes to the sewing, I get a little tired and stop working. But I can't leave it on the floor forever because Groucho will mess it all up. I will have to turn my attention to it once I am done with the placemats.



No comments:

Post a Comment