Monday, February 17, 2014

Sewing!

I have been so obsessed with knitting that I forgot how much I like sewing. My sister had asked me to make aprons for her twin little kids. Sophie and Oliver are 2 1/2 years old and they are adorable. She asked me to make these aprons months ago. And I just couldn't tear myself away from knitting. But today, I'm Presidents' Day, I decided let's do this.

The pattern is called Montessori child's apron by Meg McElwee. The instructions were very clear and easy to follow. I used stash fabric for both; Oliver's main fabric is Tula Pink's birds and the bees and the rest of the fabric is from the another collection, but I cannot remember the name or the designer. I bought a whole bunch of fabric from the same collection to make quilts and toys for the kids before they were born. 

No comments:

Post a Comment